Places of Interest - Panchkula Dentist
The Panchkula District comprises a region which as a cradle of great civilization and culture has a glorious past located in the district is the valley of the rigvadic sarswati which was intimes gone by a hub of great activity. The district abounds in many places, the antiquity of which has been established by archeological explorations. Some other more recent places have acquired importance on the account of their economic and industrial. Still other places have been developed as tourist spots like Morni hills and Pinjore complex.
ies in Bilaspur village, about three kilometers east of Mani Majra (Chandigarh UT). There are two temples dedicated in the goddess here. The older one is said to have been built by the ruler of Mani Majra (C.A.D.1815). The legend is that originally the shrine was in the territory of earst while Princely state of Nahan and the stream which supplied water to the pilgrims visiting the temple, was cut off by some hill people causing great distress to the pilgrims. There upon the goddess appeared in dream of Gurbax Singh, ruler of Mani Majra and asked him to construct a temple for her at this place. This temple contains thirty-eight panels of wall paintings besides floral designs painted all over the ceiling and the arches leading into the temple. The drawings of the temple are not of high standard but a great variety of themes is illustrated. The other temple is said to have been constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh of earst while Patiala State 9C.A.D. 1861) to commemorate his success in the battle against the Gurkhas.The fairs are held twice a year in March-April (Chat shudiashtami) and September-October (asoj shudi ashtami).
is an ancient historical and religious place. It is said to he the earliest habitation of man and
it is said that the early man lived in Pinjore region round about Chandigarh, one and half crores
years ago. Tools of Tower Paleolithic period fabricated on Quartzite have been found from the
region stretching from Pinjore to Nalagarh. The place is associated with five Pandvas who
enroute to Himalayas during their exile stayed here for sometime. The place was then known as
Panchpura Later corrupted to Pinjore. The name Panchpura was deciphered from the Pinjore
Baoli inscription found from here. Important sculptures and other antiquarian remains
recovered from the place can be assigned to the period ranging between 9th century A.D. to 12th century A.D. Pinjore is famous for the beautiful Mughal Garden, perhaps the loveliest and the oldest in northern India.
It is said to have been made by Fidaikhan in the 17th century. The Haryana Govt., of late, have recreated the whole complex by adding Colored illuminations to the play of fountain water, providing rest places pinching facilities and mini zoo. It has also been renamed as Yadavindra Garden as a mark of respect to the late Yadavindra Singh Maharaja of the earst while princely state of Patiala. The main gate of the garden opens on the highest terrace and seven terraces descend gradually into the distant boundary of the garden. In the middle of the first terrace is the shish Mahal in the Rajasthani Mughal style with small windows and apertures. There is a lyrical Hawa Mahal Approached by steps on the side of the wall. The second terrace is uplifted by large arched doorways, above which there is the Rang Mahal, Cleverly devised by the architect, the view of lower terraces is from the open hall way below. The palace has an enormous upon courtyard. We descend, by concealed steps on both sides of the big house, to the third terrace where the cypresses and flowerbed lead down to dense groves of fruit trees on each layer. The density of the dark green foliages evokes brooding depths. The upward flow of water from the fountains cools the eyes. There is a cube like Jal Mahal, with a square fountain bad and a plinth to sit down on for pleasure. The next terrace is flanked by denser groves of trees, lightened by the water devices in the middle. The end structure of the doorway has recently been made into a disc-like open-air theatre. The stiff outer wall of the garden is reminiscent of the fort walls, which has now all around dieter pavilions housing the zoo. A Bhima Devi Temple and an old baoli in the town have legendary connection with Pandas. The place became more prominent with establishment of HMT Factory in 1963 near the garden which has an independent municipal committee known as H.M.T., Pinjore.
are offshoots of Shivalik range, which run in two parallel ranges. The village of Morni (Bhoj Jabial) lies on the mountainside, at 1220 meters above mean sea level. Traditions assign the name of Morni to a Queen who is believed to have ruled this area.
Among the spurs of hills, lie two lakes, the larger is about 550 meters long and 460 meters broad and the other about 365 meters either way. A hill divides the two lakes but there is some Hidden channel, as the level of two lakes remains the same. The people look upon the lakes as sacred. There is an old fort, which is now in ruins. The hills are covered by pine trees. The climate is salubrious and the area is suitable for trekking. The Haryana Govt. has developed this hill resort and provides facilities to tourists, a motorable road was constructed to connect the Morni hills with Haryana State Highway near Panchkula. A forest tourist hut "Lal Munia" and a PWD rest house were also constructed to accommodate tourists and trackers.
lies on the Panchkula - Simla highway. It is the terminus of the broad gauge Delhi - Kalka railway line and
the starting point of narrow gauge Kalka - Simla railway line (opened in 1903). It form the gateway of the
Himachal Pardesh and most of the traffic and trade between the hills and the plains passes through it.
The area now forming Kalka was part of earst while princely state of Patiala but was acquired by the
British in 1846 and was included in Simla district. It was transferred to Ambala district in 1899. A famous
Kalka Devi temple is located on the Kalka - Simla road near octroi post. A fair is held every year in March
The new urban estate of Panchkula is broadly enclosed by Ambala Kalka national highway, Ambala-Kalka railway line and Chandigarh-Panchkula road. It is developed on outskirts of Chandigarh, amongst the picturesque background of the shivalik hills and the Ghaggar River. The township has been sub-divided into residential sectors, industrial sectors, parks and areas for regional recreation, major institutions, wholesale markets and govt. and semi-govt. officers. An ancillary industrial estate of HMT with built-up sheds has been established. Bharat Electronics Limited (A govt. of India Enterprise) was set up on approximately 23 hectares of land in the industrial area of Panchkula urban estate. Construction work was commenced in 1984 and the main production and Service buildings were occupied in 1987. At present it has strength of employees in thousands and mainly is manufacturing communication equipments. The entire area lying between Ambala-Kalka national highway and the Ghaggar River has been earmarked for regional recreation. The area will have a golf course, a dear park, zoological garden, an exhibition ground and a children park etc. A beautifully designed youth Hostel to provide cheap and comfortable accommodation for young tourists is situated on the bank of the Ghaggar. Very popular with the people of Chandigarh and with those travelling Himachal Pradesh, "Red Bishop" a bar and a restaurant is a comfortable stopover. A jainendra Gurukul was established there in 1929 which is now running as a high school. Panchkula a rapidly growing town of Haryana Chandigarh, has a number of voluntary welfare associations. To name a few, prominent among them area Panchkula Resident Welfare Federation (Regd.) which came into existence on 3rd July 1989. At present the Federation has affiliation of 13 associations representing all different sectors of the Panchkula Urban Estate. The federation has successfully taken up various matters with the appropriate authorities for the welfare of the residents of Panchkula. Panchkula consumer Forum is another important organisation, which is doing excellent role in getting the genuine complainants of consumers removed and generating a feeling that consumers should get the real worth of what he spends for. Senior citizens council Panchkula was launched in 1989 who worked hard in bringing out a scheme for establishing a Day Care Center for Aged" and got a grant in aid anointing to Rs. 27900(a Quarter) against the approved expenditure of Rs. 31000/- (10% of which is borne by the council) on 27th March, 1991 and the "Day Care Center for Aged" started functioning in a rented house. SOS Children's village association known as Bal Niketan, Panchkula is voluntary organisation founded in 1978 by a group of devoted retired officers and eminent citizens to render complete assistance for rehabilitation of destitute children as normal respectable member of our society.